Abstracts are invited from all areas of theoretical linguistics, including phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics, language acquisition and historical linguistics. Submissions from other areas of linguistics will also be considered, provided that the theoretical significance of the paper is clearly demonstrated in the abstract.
For the conference, we invite abstracts:
- either for a 30 min oral presentation, followed by 10 min of discussion
- or for a poster presentation
Submissions will be anonymously refereed.
Abstracts are to be submitted through ConfTool - see the conference website for more details.
- abstracts should be no longer than 2 pages, including examples and references
- the abstract text (excluding figures, examples and references) must not exceed 50 lines
- submissions are restricted to one single-authored and one co-authored abstract (or two co-authored abstracts) at most
- the name and the affiliation of the author(s) must not appear on the abstract
- the language of the conference is English
- page format: A4, 2,54 cm (one inch) margins on all sides, single-spaced, with a font size no smaller than 12, and with normal character spacing
- file format: *.pdf
- file name: use one word from your abstract's title as the filename
The submission deadline is 1 May, 2011.
Instructions for submitting abstracts
SinFonIJA 4 uses ConfTool for handling abstract submission and the review process. Before you submit, you have to create a user account in order to use the facilities of the system. Here are some guidelines to ConfTool system.
Create a new ConfTool Account
Go to the ConfTool login page and follow the "Create account and submit contribution" link. After filling in the required fields of the web form (marked by asterisk(*)), a confirmation e-mail will be sent to you with your account details. (Please provide valid name, address, and e-mail address, since these will be used in any later communication with you.)
If you are already a registered user, e.g. a member of the organizing team or a reviewer, the same account can be used for all your purposes.
Login to the ConfTool System
Having obtained a user account, you can log in with your username and password under "Registered Users". If you have forgotten your password a new one can be obtained through the "Forgotten your password?" link.
Submit an Abstract
All abstracts are to be submitted as pdf files using the ConfTool conference management service. After logging in, go to "Submit Contribution" and select the type of contribution you want to submit, in the case of SinFonIJA 4 please select "Abstract". Make sure you enter all required details for your contribution into the submission form, e.g. please enter the title of your paper in the field "title of your contribution", etc. Since the abstract is required to be uploaded as a file, please insert only the title of your paper again into the fields "Abstract" and "Keywords". Please also enter your name (and all co-authors’ names) in the field "Author(s)". The topic of your abstract should also be specified next to "Topic" by selecting the appropriate checkbox(es).